Complete France Forum

Quote for Gardening Work

Jim

The builders have just finished building our new house and have left rest of the plot in a mess.

The ground is very uneven where they have moved soil for the building work.

The first thing I need to do to start building a garden is to smooth the soil in order to sow a lawn.

I have spoken to a local company who can do this work for me.

They would flatten/smooth the ground with a JCB and then sow the lawn.

I have been quoted around 3000€ for this work.

The area is about 1000 sq metres (1/4 acre).

I want to use local firms but I am having difficulty in getting a second quote.

As I have no experience of costs for this type of work is anyone able to comment whether this devis is reasonable.

Comments and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

We have just had 1000 sq m cleared of some 50+ tree roots (it was an overgrown copse that we have now reduced to some 20 healthy trees), area levelled then a 1.5m high green mesh fence erected to surround area (Posts concreted as required) - for our ducks, chucks and geese. They set the fence just inside the foundations of existing and removed walls so that 'M Renard' can't dig under it.  He will just have to jump over it instead!! Total cost was 3000 euros.

regards

Vern

It's possible to hire these machines from a hire company, with a driver for extra cost. If you think you could do it yourself you would save a lot. We hired a minidigger plus driver a few years ago . It cost about 300e per day then. Pat.

Archived