Complete France Forum

Polonia trees

thunderhorse

There are some very pretty trees near us with festoons of blue/lilac flowers - French neighbours say they are polonia trees. I've only been able to find two photos on Google, no descriptions, and plenty about Poland (Polonia...)

Does anyone have any knowledge of this beautiful tree, sources in s.w. France, or links to appropriate sites? I'd love to see one in the garden.

Cheers.  [B]

We used to have a Robinia, but it's not that one. But thanks, Maggie. Certainly the ones near us are the Paulownia - thanks acegundog.

I'll now set about sourcing one from the local pepinieres, hopefully the tomentosa/royal/empress/princess.

Cheers, peeps! [:D]

No problem - they grow really quickly and grow like weeds here - (I am constantly lifting them from the garden so if you want one and fancy a trip down here you are welcome to one!) .........

A word of advice - if you get one and don't want them all over the garden make sure you take the seeds pods off which burst open and have hundreds of seeds that get everywhere and germinate really well !

Happy to help

xx

Archived