Complete France Forum

Garden tools.

Jonzjob

About 3 years ago we bought a Fiskars medium reach pruner. A different looking beast to any other pruners we had seen. It's a very good tool. Over the time we have had it it has been used hard in our 3000 sq M garden. One of the least popular jobs being pruning a 75 meter long pyracantha hedge. It has been resharpened by me many times and has worked really well. Eventually the blade has worn down and I tried to get a replacement. They do not do a replacement blade for this and when I enquired to Fiskars Finland they did some checking and informed me that they had never been asked for this before.

Anyway, to cut a long story short I asked them if they could supply one for me and at what cost. A day or so later I had the reply that a spare blade was in the post and there would be no charge. When it arrived there were 2 cutter blades, one lower blade, a spring and a nut and bolt. All along with a very nice letter appologising for the trouble that I had gone to to get the parts!

The moral of this is that there are still companies around who give a good service and if you are looking for GOOD gardening equipment then stuff the cheepies and treat yourself to good tools. This company really does care about the customer [:)][:D] !!

Archived