Complete France Forum

Stolen.

A goodstart to the season.Opened 8th, 6 passers by in, book from the mairie to pay daily tourist tax on residents, but, our trademark was stolen this morning at about 6.00am. If you get offered, or see, a 1950/60s ladies small bike,painted yellow, with purple paint under that, it's ours. It did have a basket on the front ,also painted yellow, full of pansies, but they threw them out on the road. It also had a plastic sign with the Chambres/B & B on it. Any information gratefully received. All the locals know it and even the Gendarmerie knew it. After 16 yrs here of being fairly casual about everything,it seems a shame that some idiot can put a blot on it.Regards. 35.

Hi Gastines,

Sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully it was kids who took it and it will be found quickly once they have had their bit of "fun".

Gastines, you never brought us up to pace on your ventures with the "establishment" as far as registering at the tax office and the Chambre de commerce, what happened?

Whereabouts exactly are you in the Saint Malo area?

Miki

Having spent several hours painting another bike yellowputting the plants back in a pot and telling my wife not to be so upset;I may add that killer mode may be more appropriate;The original bike was returned sometime during the night,painted with splashes of numerous colours, some may say quite arti/farti.The basket held two very large cabbages. We can see the funny side to it now but I wish he/she or it hadn't ruined the plastic sign made to fit the bike, but such is life. Regarding the Mill, it is well signposted as Private/No entry, so that's as far as we've got. There are many interesting walks all over this area and we keep finding all sorts of things within close proximity. I did think that with a bit of dredging of the waterway by the mill, it would make an ideal centre for watersports. Sometimes a mere look from my wife can put an end to an idea. If you are in this area you are always welcome to call in now you know where we are, we wont charge! THe fees were for joining up at the C.de C. Again told it is obligatory.Regards.35

Archived