Complete France Forum

swimming pools

hello all yes it`s us AGAIN!!!

Sorry to be such a pain with all our questions, all of which have been answered on this wonderful forum but have got yet more, as most of you know we are in the process of renovating our long house in area 79 near Chiche. We hope to end up with 2 b&b en-suite rooms and 2 ,2 bedroomed  gites after our first stage of renovation, now the question is it worth the hassle of putting in a swimming pool with all these new saftey laws, I could use the cost of this to create another  gite. How do you say in French up a ladder down a snake.

Thanks again

Dave & Olive

My opinion is you need a pool to attract customers.  If you are relying on using the Web and Web Agencies for your marketing - just by surfing around you will see soon enough those properties split between pool and no pool.  If you had a choice what would you choose?  Those with pools are heavly competing and those without... usually booked by the last minuters - if you can wait that long...  a pool does not necessarily add to your rental value, but is nearly almost like having a holiday cottage with only an outside loo! 

I hope I have given you food for thought!  Yes there are guidelines, they are a pain and expensive but if I lived next door to someone who hadnt secured their pool safely (I have young children) I would not be happy.  My theory is if you can afford a pool the safety element is part of it, cheap or not.

Deby

but is nearly almost like having a holiday cottage with only an outside loo! 

Thanks for your reply that`s one hell of a "quote", Like having a girlfriend you cannot ditch Rubino about Button and BAR.I like it ......a lot ta the wife does not want one but you have just put it in a nut shell

Dave without Olive

Archived