Complete France Forum

Complaint

Teamedup

[quote]What would be the best way to complain about a g de f registered chambres d'hotes?[/quote]

If one felt unhappy enough to feel you have a complaint, then in the first instance, the complaint should be reported to the owners. Too many complaints are not told to the owners and the first the host knows about it, is when the client has rung or written directly to HQ or regional office.

If you want to complain and if you had no satisfaction from the owners at the time of the stay, then write to the regional office, most people would have booked either through the internet or through one of the many G de Fr guidebooks and they all carry the address of the local HQ but even if you booked somewhere ese, it is pretty easy to obtain the address you require.

The member would then recieve a copy of the letter and be asked to comment upon it.

Your reply will then be read and a decision made as to whether the complaint should be further investigated.

For instance, if one felt that the toilet/ shower room was inadequate for the Epis rating in the guide book, they would send out a local rep to have a look at the problem. If a bed is felt too thin and too uncomfortabel, first one should have complained at the time but if not, again, a rep will call to look at the offending bed, this is not always the case, as beds are the biggest point of complaint, too soft, too hard, too springy, too lumpy, just right, juts perfect, really lovely, the list is endless. 

Many owners will keep a Livre d'Or and this really does help. For instance, you might get a couple say how unhelpful and rude the hosts were but at the same time another couple may have written just how much they enjoyed their stay and at the same time as the other couple.

As I previously stated, for the first time in 50 years, a meeting is being held in our region to address the way to handle complaints, both face to face and by letter. Rocky times ahead perhaps !!

I had thought something along those lines. It was a friend's family who stayed there and has already told the gite owners that they weren't satisfied, so if they want to take it further, I'll suggest that they contact the regional office.

I don't think that they booked via the Gite de France, but one of the reasons they went there was because of the g de f logo.

Archived