Complete France Forum

Nous sommes complet.....100 times !!

Well I can't say we've had so many that I'm sick of saying it but fortunately I have had to say it a couple of times in the last 24 hours!!  Up til 2 days ago I had 5th, 6th and 7th free, so made my own social arrangements for the weekend.  Needless to say, as soon as I had done that the usual last minute Parisians phoned and now we're full and I've had to cancel my own arrangements.  Will I never learn that the French love to make their bookings at the last minute!!

[quote]Anyone else getting rather tired telling callers that you are full from the 4/5th until the 8th May ? Good for filling all your friends and colleagues but now...............[/quote]

Hi,

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I had exactly that, until last night, when one of two couples who'd booked ages ago, phoned to say that because the father of the wife of the other couple (if you see what I mean!!) had died of an embolism in Portugal, there would only be the two of them coming! So now we still have one room free. And naturally we still haven't filled it yet, as it was too late. Nothing we can do about it, of course.

Last minute isn't the half of it. By chance I was checking the e-mail on Friday night only to find that one lot had booked at 9.30pm saying that they were turning up at midnight.

Even worse were the guys with a totally unrealistic notion of how long it takes to get from A to B in France and turned up at 5.30AM!!

Both French too.

Having the online reservation facility on the website sounded really good until now too...

Arnold

Archived