Complete France Forum

More and more

I've been back to England a few times recently and find that I am being told frequently that friends of friends are packing up and moving to France and are going to be setting up a giter thing. Either renting out a property or doing b&b.

Usually these people have no french, but 'tres'  importantly they have watched all the programs about it all.

As usual I wonder how much more the market can take.

So how much more can it take?

Not much I wouldn't have thought!

Ten years ago a Brit-run B&B was almost unheard of in most parts and only a few gites were Brit-owned.  You can just see from the number of pages that LF now has advertising holiday property; it used to be two columns of one page.  Most of our Brit guests that come here tour around and stay only at Brit-owned B&Bs.  So there is a demand it would seem, but I'm sure that in certain areas at least they must be at saturation point!

I think the gite market is a bit saturated around here myself but the B&Bs are quite spread out so my thinking is that they're not (yet) saturated.

Sure with the rate that the "moving to France" programmes are proliferating, we will all be able to make a nice living from them and not need to worry about the business of actually having real jobs over here

Next on the blocks is a series on small brit-owned hotels to hit your screens next January or thereabouts. I think we're on the shortlist for that so if any of you would like to buy advertising space on our wallpaper, do let me know

Arnold

Archived