Complete France Forum

auberges, menus & gites de france

After all the debate of what GdF will or won't accept as a "menu" and whether or not said word means you can have a selection or not, I just came across:

http://www.aubergeetfermeauberge.com/ficheaub.php?idadh=55&idreg=9

This is a 3 epi auberge which not only offers menus at different prices but caters for up to 50 people.

How come GdF list them?

Arnold

Arnold,

Please read carefully I don't want this to develop into an if, or what, or why episode.

This chap has a 4 bedrooms and a family suite with numbers allowed of up to 15 persons, this is his GdF set up.

The "Auberege is not run under Gites de France but as seperate a enterprise with the Auberge association. This is pretty rare but we personally know of a few.

We have a friend (more an acquaintiance)near Fontainebleau with almost an exact replica of what this chap has but he keeps one side totally away from the other, they do intertwine but he plays a little close to the wind on occasion but the Auberge is for reunions and marriages etc and a traiteur does all their "gathering" catering but the clients from GdF always eat in their own dining room.

Another thing which you must understand is, all GdF regions see their role somewhat differently, if I were you, I would stop asking us folks from well out of your region and get on to GdF your self and see exactly what your region will allow you. That way you can tell us what they allow and then tell us and we can tell you whether we can or not do the same !!

Go on Arnold, call them in and get it straight from the GdF regional horses mouth !

I will tell you this though, this chap is running more than close to the wind with the GdF general rules which are the same countrywide. See if you can spot them... no on second thoughts, please take my word on that !!

I fully agree with you about him running very close to the wind Miki.

For a start, although I might have argued with Ian as to whether or not choices were allowed on the menu, I fully accept that there can only be one menu price and this guy has three. There's also the maximum of 15 for meals which he is totally ignoring too. I also thought that you couldn't do CdH and be a restaurant owner. I know he has the auberge listed separately from the CdH setup but, frankly, I can't believe that he runs it like that.

I just came across this one yesterday and thought I'd ask you guys if you knew how this setup could be possible under GdF rules as I was sure that it wasn't a runner myself. Just out of curiosity really as I think it's a crazy way to run it.

Arnold

Archived