Complete France Forum

Swimming pool or not?

Lissie

Yes I agree that the swimming pool business does need more competition and much more product development.

Basically, its a hole in the ground with water in it. The spiralling costs associated with building a pool today does not reflect in my opinion, improvements in the design or performance of the product. Pool companies have become too greedy and generally provide either very little or no service at all.

In many cases, people purchase pools, without experience of maintaining them in the believe that they will look after themselves. As anyone who has one will testify, that is not the case. They can be more work than owning a pet, and it constant.

However, there are some interesting systems which are departures from the norm and so seem to be out of line with the general market. I was referring earlier to just one of those ideas which was I believe invented in Britian. The benefits of this system is to simplify the construction and use materials to their optimum.

This choice should leave ample budget for other necessities such as landscaping, security devices and perhaps automatic chlorination. However the fact still remains that these are expensive beasties and a decision which needs careful thought before you 'take the plunge(sic)'. One thing is sure, is that they will change your lifestyle forever, for better for worse.

I am a fan, I guess I just like messin around with pools.

Andrew

Poolguy

Archived