Complete France Forum

Part time help

I understand that the situation with employment in France can be very expensive (social contributions etc). WE paid somebody last year by cheque d'emploi (before registering at CCI) and a basic payment of 92€ cost us a further 86€ in contributions!

Does anyone know how it works or what contributions apply to part time / seasonal help when you are registered with CCI?

We are thinking about maybe 3 hours per day for 2 x eight week periods - winter and summer?

Thanks,

Abi.

I suspect that if your figures are typical that the vast majority of such employment is cash in hand and no questions asked.

Seriously though, I was told by our accountant that the figures work approximately as 7€ per hour rate, you pay 10€ in total and the employee gets about 5€. Which, of course, isn't all that far away from your own figures.

I vaguely looked at doing something similar last year and it appeared that it was only economic to employ two or more people as one employee would lead to so many additional overheads in terms of social organisations that you'd need to join not to mention the accountants fees.

Arnold

Have the rules changed already then ?

Cheque d'emploi was not for commercial purposes when we used it. A while ago when we used to have a cleaner come in, she could legally only do our personal house, leaving us time to do the commercial parts. I know Sarky was attempting to change it all to give ch d'emploi a much wider range but was not sure what stage it was at now.

We were not just a chambres d'hôtes then, we were resto as well as other professional things, making the place commercial.

That is really why I asked, as what happens when a place is registered at the C de Com, that makes it a prof business. Difficult one really and that is why I asked if "Sarky" had relaxed some of the rules relating to Ch d'emploi yet. I read he was going to do so but have read no more than that.

Archived