Complete France Forum

Quickies or Afternoon Delight?

Wendy

I thought I'd throw this topic open for some light hearted banter. We've just had our first  couple who wanted "just a bit of lunch and a room for the afternoon".  They barely made it through the meal and when we took dessert in we saw they'd already disappeared upstairs for it!. On clearing the room five hours later we noticed the oddly positioned pillows!! Okay, who else has a similar story to tell?.

Maybe Madame needed some 'exercise' to maintain her slender figure!

I read a while ago an article in the Daily/SundayTelegraph (I think it was..) about French women and their claim to never getting fat... Apart from eating and drinking sensibly, a prescription for 'horizontal refreshment' in the afternoon was de rigueur !!!!!........

• 3 weeks later...

And there was me thinking that it was smoking all those fags to keep their ligne. Judging by all the divorces around here and the women in question all being thinner than I ever was............. 9/10 the husbands running off with someone else, I some how reckon that it must be the fags.

One could do a very interesting study about this.

I do believe that a little afternoon delight is rather a good thing, but I don't think it has any effect on weight.

I would imagine that if one is in the hotel/giter trade that this was just one of the things that one would see quite regularly.

This is known as 'une sieste crapuleuse'. Never seen anything in the gites like this so far, they tend to come away for slightly longer crapulous sessions. But I guess in the B&B/hotel business, it is quite common!

I am also surprised by the large number of male/female couples who lunch together during the lunch hour(s). I'm sure they are not all married, but then flirting does seem to be a national pastime. 

They both carried briefcases and looked extremely businesslike...MOTH(Man Of The House) reckons we should offer some sort of special deal to encourage this as it could be quite lucrative. Hmmmm, me thinks though that there is already a name for places that rent out rooms on  an hourly basis though:)))

Archived