Complete France Forum

Can anyone recommend a good online booking system?

Gemma

We use villarenters, www.villarenters.com who have a very good online booking system. If the booking comes via you or your website they only charge 3.5% and if it comes via their website they charge 10%. The whole process is entirely automated, they contact the client and take deposits, breakage deposits etc and you can have a link from your website to theirs including availability calendar and all you have to do is ask them to transfer the money to your bank account after the happy customer has departed. Highly recommended service.

I don't use one because I get walk in visitors and ones sent from the tourist office on short notice. A couple of the websites I advertise on have these systems which fortunatly you can turn off. Just keeping 3 up to date is a problem. I have forms on my personal website in both French and English which people can use. I also have EasyBook (not easy bookings) which manages everything in house and a backup wall planner. Been using it for three years, one of the better things I bought, in fact I liked it so much I now sell it customised for France.

The other thing about using these systems is you are rather putting all your eggs in one basket and in doing so I believe limit your advertising scope. After a year of keeping them all up to date and making the odd (one or two) cockups you will see what I mean.

Archived