Complete France Forum

Badly run Chambre D'Hote

loella

Have just come back from an overnighter in a Chambre D'Hote near St Emilion...I can only say that its an experience we will not forget in a hurry and will hopefully soon see the funny side etc...

However, as it was a recommended one through the Office de Tourisme at St E..does one have any avenue to complain or at the very least warn them that the place is most certainy not up to scratch and could  be a danger to other future guests from collapsing furniture to active woodworm and incredibly lumpy beds and a smell of stale urine throughout the bedrooms...or is this 'normal'.? ...I hope not,

Any suggestions?[+o(]

A

Doesn't sound too far off the mark...[:D]

Seriously, you should expect to get what you pay for. If you go for the budget end of the market then you may argue that you expect certain standards but, frankly, they are not very high. If this place was pretending to be an upmarket chateau or charging 5-star room rates then you should definitely moan about it.

I have to say that the first instance should be to say something to the owner at the time. If you did not do that, then you should go to whoever recommended it. In your case, the tourist office. Finally, if it was in a guide - e.g. gites de france - then make a complaint to the publishers of the guide. Though to be honest this is a totally ineffective course of action which just makes you feel a bit better.

Archived