Complete France Forum

B & B IN BOULOGNE SUR MER?

dottylou

Hi does anyone know of a nice B & B in or very close to the town. We are returning from our holidays and wish to spend the night here and be able to look around the town the following day. usually we just go straight to the speed ferries terminal and always have the feeling that we have missed out on seeing what Boulogne has to offer. I 'm not keen on the chain hotels, prefering a more relaxed french style of accomadation. Have looked at several web sites as yet nothing fits the bill.

The Enclos de l'Eveché is a LOVELY place, in the old town.  Link here.
(Funny, I thought they would have an English option on the site, but can;t see how to get there.)

I stayed a night there a couple of years ago; rooms are beautiful;   the breakfasts are great, and the host makes the most amazing jams wth combinations of flavours you can't even dream of.  Since then, they seem to have added a restaurant, but there were also places to eat in the old town - or indeed the new.

There's a free public car park next door, in a corner of the old town, near the cathedral.

Angela

We usually stay at le Matelotte (sp), its opposite the nautical centre, 10 mins from speedferry terminal. Not a B&B as such but a very friendly family hotel. No restaurant on the premises though. A few mins walk from the town. They have garaging (at extra cost). The bar does a nice Warsteiner beer. English spoken if you need it.

Archived