Complete France Forum

Ironing system recommendation

I want to buy a new ironing system and plan on spending up to 250 euros.  Cora have lots in stock, Rowenta, Phillips, etc.  Does anyone have a particular recommendation please?

I've posted this in B&B as I'm sure some of you have lots of ironing to do!

Thanks [:)]

I bought a "générateur vapeur" (2300 W) from Lidl a couple of years ago for abour €70 and I'm very happy with it.

But maybe you mean a "centrale de repassage" or a "presse de repassage"?

Comparison sites worth visiting: www.pricerunner.fr or www.armenager.com

A consumers magazine reviewed some in March and the article can be bought online for €2 here: www.60millions-mag.com

[quote user="chocccie"]

It's not a roller blind I'm after ... I want an ironing system - which a heating/water chamber which the iron slots onto .  Something like this ...

http://www.pricerunner.fr/pl/80-383857/Fers-a-repasser/Tefal-Pro-Express-GV8110-White-Blue-comparer-les-prix

[/quote]I've obviously missed something.  Looks exactly like what Clair was suggesting, to me.[8-)]

I'm looking for recommendations for specific made and models of ironing systems - an example of which was on the link Clair kindly posted.

I've no experience with this type of system, though I've heard lots of good reports of them .. the most expensive iron I've ever bought in the past was 50 euros!

I am perfectly satisfied with the Lidl one I bought, as shown here: SGR-PRO-K122

I would advise you to check on a few things before making a decision:

• power (2300W for the K122 ): this will determine how much electricity it uses but also how quickly it will get to temperature
  • tank capacity (0.75l for the K122): a small tank will need filling up more often, which gets really annoying when you are in the middle of a pile of sheets
  • steam flow (up to 180 g/mn): the higher, the better as it allows the steam to penetrate several layers (2 trouser legs or a folded sheet in one go)
  • steam regulation (to 4.5 bars for the K122): delicate items need a very light cloud of steam but cotton sheets or jeans need a good blast
Hard water is another thing to look at.

Expect it to be much eavier than a traditional steam ironso try to handle one before buying.

Archived