Complete France Forum

Gites de France - regulation clarification

Mark

Hi,

We're about to register with Gites de France.  We've sent them two cheques of 30 euros each to enable us to register a gite and a chambre d'hotes.  We're now about to send the Dossier de Candidature form for the chambre d'hotes, with which they've asked us to send another 30 euros.  Presumably this is the same fee, so we should just mention on the form that they've already received the money from us?

Also, we think they're suggesting that for each proprietor's name you want added to your blurb, you pay a fee. If so, why does anyone list two people as proprietors rather than just one?   Have we misunderstood?

Thanks

Mark

If it helps our departmental office is in Carcassonne and from what I have read here and elsewhere each department makes its own charges which seem to vary quite a bit like most things in France. For instance we paid nothing for our drinks licence where others have said they were charged an admin fee which seems to vary quite a bit in cost.

We paid 50 Euros but only when we sent the Dossier de Candidature back,  I was led to believe that the 50 Euros paid for the inspection as well. When they finished they told us our grading straight away, took some photos inside and out then told us how much we should pay and how much extra to get in to publications not covered within the basic membership fee. After a few weeks we got a dummy advert for us to check. Because of the time of year we were inspected and we had missed cut off dates for some (well most) publications we were given a reasonable discount for the first year but we did have to pay for the second year in advance to get the discount (well that's what they implied). I can't tell you if there was an extra charge for both our names as I don't remember. The inspectors (two of them) were here for just over three hours and were very thorough, even checked plates and glass's for chips etc. We had the wrong mattress protectors and were told to change them (nobody came to check we had) but it did not effect our rating.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Archived