Jump to content
Complete France Forum


Lynn Kitson

Recommended Posts

Hi Lynnk

You need to contact you house insurer to let them know you are renting out, if only for what is called responsabilité civile.

There will be a slight increase on the premium.

Make sure you understand what is and isn't covered by your insurance and what the guests' insurance covers.

In France, most (all?) house insurance covers have a villégiature section, which extends the guests' cover to a rented property. It is your responsibility to ensure the guests' cover has that option.

After all, it is your property you want to protect [:)]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...