Complete France Forum

Gites de France

tizzylizzy

Hi.  We are interested in registering our gite with Gites de France.  However on their website I cannot find any information about how to do this.  Can anyone advise me where to find their terms & conditions etc?  Also if anyone is with them I would appreciate any feedback regarding how they are to work with.  I have heard that they do inspections and make you jump through all sorts of hoops!

Clair's links should tell you most of what you need to know.

Although it is a national organisation, it is organised on regional lines with local offices who make their own pricing decisions and have variable attitudes to regulations. Some people have good experiences and find prices reasonable, others find the opposite.

In short, what they are like and how much they charge is variable - you need advice from someone affiliated to the réseau des Gîtes de France in your own area.

Your gite will have to be inspected whatever else happens.

• 3 weeks later...

we looked at gites of france when we moved here and found them not to be very helpful,it took a long time to get a response and when we got all the forms it was a lot of form filling.we also had to go on a weeks course and all in french obviously and they seemed to have a lot of control over what you did,but we have other friends who had no problems at all with their local branch.

I think you can also get a lot of grants if you go with them and the tie in is only 5 years i think. 

[quote user="johnycarper"]

I think you can also get a lot of grants if you go with them and the tie in is only 5 years i think. 

[/quote]

You're tied in for 10 years.  The grants we got would pay for 30 years subs with our particular GdF office so it was a no-brainer to join them.

Leave the organisation early and you have to repay the grant pro rata based on time left to run.

It doesn't have to be GdF - Clévacances is also recognised by those Conseils Générales who offer grants for gite or chambres d'hôtes development (usually administered by their Comité de Tourisme or equivalent).  In either case, you have to developing a place to the equivalent of 3 or 4 Epis if it's a chambres d'hotes to get a grant (there is no 5 Epis for chambres d'hôtes). 

Archived