Complete France Forum

insurance headache

tetley

I have posted this under artisans rather than finances, as I would like advice from other people in the building trade.

My husband is registered as a macon, and as such has the decannale, and liability insurance as well as all the usual cotisations etc.  Also, we have the usual other insurances, health,  house, vehicles blah blah blah.

My husband is the sole earner in our family, and I worry sometimes what we would do if something happened to him.  Anyway, the other day during a chat with our friendly insurance guy (I'm sure his eyes light up when he sees us coming!!) he recommended taking out an accident insurance, in case hubby injurs himself and can't work for any length of time. 

Has anyone else out there got this type of insurance?  Is it worth paying out....you don't get anything for your first month out of work, and I am confused about whether you continue to pay all your insurances if you aren't earning.  Seems a bit mad to pay out in case you can't work, and then if you do end up ill or hurt for any time, you get a tiny income but still have to cover your costs (if that makes sense).

Any words of wisdom would be gratefully received, thanks

Archived