Complete France Forum

Has anyone bought a business vehicle in France on the equivalent of lease hire in the UK?

merliauds

My work van badly needs replacing. I will be TVA registered soon and wondered if it might be worth looking at buying a new vehicle through a "credit bail" scheme. Has anyone had any experience of this - the costs involved, the length of contract etc?

I think there are some good deals about but I too would be interested to know as we need to replace one of our vehicles and like everyone else at the moment, getting a deposit together is a little harder with the increased cotisatons. I would however, chat to your accountant because if you buy a vehicle on HP you get a relief each year on the vehicle and I don't know if the same applies to leasehire in the same way.  usually banks will give you a loan for a business vehicle if you can provide decent accounts and a letter from your accountant or the garages will as we did this witha Citroen loan over three years on another vehicle but put down a decent deposit first.

Archived