Complete France Forum

Aquasensor Pool Alarms

Folks

Just when I thought I'd got it sorted ...

I'd decided to get an Aquasensor pool alarm to conform with the legislation (about 900). In their publicity they (and others who stock it) state it conforms with AFNOR NF 90-307.

However, it connects with its siren box by remote control.

And I've just received a summary of the AFNOR regs for pool alarms that states :

"Tous les systemes de detection doivent disposer d'une sirene integree au systeme ou d'une sirene deporteee PAR LIAISON FILAIRE"

Which I reckon means the siren must be connected to the alarm device by wire !!!

Can anybody help me understand why the Aquasensor alarm conforms but is not connected to its siren by wire ??

Thanks anyone !!

Jean-Paul

• 3 weeks later...
Folks

I've had a (really fast !!) reply from the manufacturers of Aquasensor ! Within 2 working hours !!

They say that the 2004 versions of Aquasensor and Aquapremium both have "a wired siren into the detection central unit."

So the publicity material that talks about the Aquasensor having a remote/infra-red activated siren must be out of date.

They also clarify that "we never informed our customers nor anybody that the AQUASENSOR or AQUAPREMIUM complies with NFP 90 307! We cannot say that because we are still going through tests".

That fits well with Richard's helpful information in the other "pool fence again" discussion thread currently underway.

At least this aspect of the fiasco starts to become clearer !

Best wishes

Jean-Paul

Archived