Complete France Forum

New Pool regulations - a bunch of dumb questions

Coral

May 1 is tomorrow.
Is anything fixed yet?
Does anyone know if these pool regulations cover streams going through, boundary ditches around and fish ponds within property?Also what about spas and jacouzzies (spelling?). And how about if one end of a pool is at ground level while the rest is 1 meter above. What about a diving board?

Are we looking at possible total chaos? Departments interpreting the regulations in their own way?

Coral

Having just ordered a pool, this is my interperation of the rules (based on discussions with a pool salesman).

>May 1 is tomorrow.
>Is anything fixed yet?
Some/all hardware has yet to be tested for approval. However the technical spec for the hardware is well established, and all products (alarms, fences, locks etc) must conform to the spec.

>Does anyone know if these pool
>regulations cover streams going through,
No

>boundary ditches around
No

and fish
>ponds within property?
No

Also what about
>spas and jacouzzies (spelling?).
No, provided they are above ground.

And
>how about if one end
>of a pool is at
>ground level while the rest
>is 1 meter above.
In the case above, then the regs do not apply. The significant thing is the bottom of the pool, not the top. If any of the pool is below ground then it must conform. 100% above-ground pools are not covered by the regs & need not conform.

What
>about a diving board?
Depends on the pool, I suspect, but I don't know.

>
>Are we looking at possible total
>chaos? Departments interpreting the
>regulations in their own way?

I'm not sure that there is much confusion amongst the "pool pro's" - but little hard information filters down to us, unless we specifically enquire..

Nick
http://www.aplaceinfrance.com

Archived