Complete France Forum

Fence and alarm or just a cover?

Sorry, this may be a blindly stupid question but the inference from the norms is that any of these measures is independent of the others. Thus for example if you have an alarm, then you don't need a fence. I had been given to believe that you had to have a physical barrier to provide passive protection. How does a cover help in this regard as it has to be removed in order to use the pool? Equally, if you protect your pool by an alarm, what measures do have to put in place to respond to the alarm? Given the lack of bystander response to house or car alarms, a pool alarm isn't going to help much.

Like many people, I have a pool that is the wrong shape to easily fit an abri or sliding cover and it is very close to the house, which means a fence will divide the patio in two.

All help gratefully received.

>it is very close to
>the house, which means a
>fence will divide the patio
>in two.

Hi

Our pool is so close to the house and surrounded by a "kidney" shaped terrasse that it is impossible to erect a fence. Not only that, a fence will look horrible.

We were originally going to go for the Aquasenor Alarm, but at 899 a throw, and we need two, decided that was a non-runner.

I have since seen laser alarm's, i.e a post on each corner of the pool with a laser beam running between each one.

Does anyone know if this AFNOR approved cos its the only way I can see to securing our pool without creating an eyesore.

Clare

A fence doesn't work for us either. However, our insurance company has confirmed to us that liability is covered so long as we have an AFNOR approved alarm system in place. We do not require a certificate but we simply need to advise them with a letter before the deadline.

(We don't rent out our house, so we have time to continue watching the circus known as the AFNOR approval process....)

Nigel

Archived