Complete France Forum

Swimming pool in rented accommodation

I am visiting France in a couple of weeks and want to rent an apartment with a pool. I have been told by agents that I will have to sign a document that says I am aware of the new law and that the pool will be unusuable during my stay. They have however stated that what I do after signing that document is up to me, but it is a legal document. They have also stated that ALL rented accommodation will not be able to use their pools?
Does anyone know where I stand if I sign the document and then use the pool (assume no accidents occur), am I breaking the law?

Is it also true that no apartments/privately owned property with pools are allowed to let their pools be used. Help, I didn't really want to stay in an hotel.

It is the owners of the property who are breaking the law and not you.

Pools have to be protected if the property is rented out, I do not understand how signing a piece of paper will change this. The security measures are designed to stop children from drowning in the swimming pool, not to stop people using the pool. Whether or not you use the pool will not prevent a child having access to the pool.

I would however suggest that anyone expecting you to sign the disclamer does not have a good attitude to letting and therefore it may not be the best place to stay.

Also have you paid for a gite with a pool? In which case you should get a significant discount if the pool cannot be used.

Julia

Archived