Complete France Forum

Swimming pools - How much ?

We have been asking various agents in our area Allier/Puy de Dome for quotes for a new pool and we ask them for a price complete only to find that when they quote a reasonable price and we ask them to come to discuss it further, they arrive indicating that the digging out of the hole is extra. What would members of this forum who have pools consider being a reasonable price ?
Royston

Hi
Our new pool is now finished. I have just had the bill from the digger company. It is just over 2000e for 32 hours work. Not exactly sure if the hours are acurate, but the bill is about what I was expecting.
This was for digging out an 11x5m pool, plus electric and pipework channels and sort of clearing a large surrounding area.
We have then spent a good deal more finishing off and landscaping with another digger company, who charge about 200e per day. I would not expect the company which does the pool dig to leave the surrounding area in a workable condition, unless you specify that beforehand.

Have to say that although the total costs for the pool are eye watering, it has already been well worth it !! The only cost I resent is the approved fencing.

Have fun !

Em

• 2 weeks later...
The quote for the pool we are having was 22,000 which is for everything (including digging) for a 10x5m pool. This also includes lights, summer cover, roller-up and winter cover. The price for a 8x4m pool was about 4,000 less.

----------------------
http://www.sompt.com
Deux-Sevres (region 79)

Archived