Complete France Forum

Pump Problem

Em

Can anyone help with this. It may make sense to someone !

Having vaccumed the pool, I then opened the sealed top of the piece by the pump which contains a basket for catching debris.

I then closed the seal, but did not notice that the O-ring was not in place.

Unfortunately I ran the pump for a couple of hours, until I noticed that water was not coming thru the jets in the pool.

The pump itself was rather hot. I replaced the O-ring and sealed the unit, but no water appears in the pump and no jets working.

Have I got an air problem ? Or something more serious ?
Pool company closed until monday, so am a bit worried.

Any ideas ?

Thankyou, Em

Em
Unfortunately air and pumps do not go together. Hopefully you have not made an expensive mistake. I suspect that all your pipes are devoid of any water and the pump is not strong enough to suck out the air. I would suggest that you attempt to manually put water back into the pipes with the use of a hose. I would firstly put the hose into the hole at the bottom of the skimmer and wait until water appears in the pump debris basket. If this fails then try putting the hose and water into the debris inlet. I would also suggest in order to get an air seal on your O ring seal that you coat it with a silcon gel or failing that with vaseline but do not overtighten. Then turn on the pump and it will hopefully pull the water through and you a back in business.

I am always learning and hope this solves your problem.

Baz

Em,

It might be that whilst cleaning the pool you may have been "pumping to waste" ? If so you have lowered the pool level to below the skimmers. That would mean no water was now in the pipework.

That being the case, you will get no water from the jets until the water level is above the lower level of the skimmers and at least covering the entrance holes of the skimmers to the pump and filter.

Top up the pool until it is covering the baskets (and therefore the entrance pipe)do as Baz says and lightly vaseline or whatever the seal and tighten it down. Once all this is done,
start up your pump but ensure you have the filter set to "filter" (normal mode)or whatever your pump dial says and fingers crossed you won't have caused any damage to the pump.

Miki

Archived