Complete France Forum

Pool Alarms

Mikejanis

Has anyone else encountered a problem with the sensitivity setting on their pool alarm. All my literature states that the delay must not be more than 12 seconds but on this setting the alarm goes off all the time. The installer says this is a common occurrence and it should be set at 15 seconds- but this is not within the guidelines.

it seems to be normal, these alarms are utter rubbish and not consistant at all. You can drop a 6 kilo weight in off the coping stones 10 times and if you are lucky 6 times it might detect it. however it will go off every time it rains or is windy. mg have made a great wind and rain detector and a very bad pool alarm.

• 2 months later...

Hope you will forgive me for being slightly off the original question. Our property is not let and we are permanent residents. At the beginning of the year we opted for a cover as our pool security system and are pleased with it. However it has to go back to the pool supplier to have a manufacturing defect rectified and they have offered us an aquapremium pool alarm to remain within the law.  Although an alarm is permitted as a stand alone system my understanding is that it should be possible to respond to the alarm within three minutes. In which case what happens if the house is unoccupied - say for a visit to the shops etc?  Has anyone who has an alarm as the sole source of security any views on this?

Chas 

• 2 weeks later...

We have a pool alarm that was fine initially.  Now it often goes off and seems to be when it is slightly windy.  We have tried every sensitivity setting - but it hasn't been of any use.

Many people I know who have them, have switched them off, particularly when they go away.  There are stories of irate neighbours damaging ubits to shut them up when they go off in the middle of the night.

I am not happy with mine and am investigating a cover.

Oracle

Archived