Complete France Forum

Splashing-Out on Polystyrene Lego

Piprob

Yes I know this is not about pool rules and regs. But who has experience of pools like this?

The builders are finishing the installation and the construction method seemed a good idea when we placed the order - still does.  (There was a 4.7 seismic tremmor down the road not long ago - which wasn't the weight of the shopping falling on the kitchen table).

These pools appear to be value for money and the marketing stuff certainly makes the case. However, we've never owned a pool, and I can't help wondering how practical and trouble free polystyrene lego and hanging liners will turn out to be!

Hi

I saw this construction system at a commercial fair.

The polystyrene blocks are filled with concrete & reinforcing wire in the centres ?

Don't know about the results, but the idea of insulating the pool seems good.

My pool drops about 2C per night at this time of year. During the day it may or may not recover the lost temps.

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

[quote]Yes I know this is not about pool rules and regs. But who has experience of pools like this? The builders are finishing the installation and the construction method seemed a good idea when we placed ...[/quote]

Our local pool installer uses this method. We don't have one - We couldn't afford his devis but if we had the money this is the system we would have chosen. He (and his pools) have an excellent reputation in the area.

Archived