Complete France Forum

flooded electrics

bertie

Thanks for all the suggestions to remove the tide mark around my pool but that is now the least of my problems!

On the last full day of my present stay the poolman came to clean my salt pool and I went out for the day. On returning at 1am the filter was on but I thought he had just reset it incorrectly. The next morning there was no noise from the filter so I opened the shutters to discover water everywhere including on the newly repaired terrace and in the pool box where the filter, pump and electrics are.

He has accepted responsibility for leaving the water on when topping up the pool after backwashing and is going to let everything dry out before seeing what works and what doesn't. Anything that doesn't work he will replace so that is all fine but as I am ignorant about most pool technology could it be that some things will work for a short time but have had their life shortened considerably?

Also how do I estimate how much to charge for the wasted water - the high pressure hose was left on for 16 hours?

I am sure they will put things right but as I am returning in two weeks I would like to go out sounding more knowledgeable than I am. Can anyone recommend a book for swimming pool maintenance which explains in simple language how to maintain salt pools.

Eillen

Archived