Complete France Forum

Alien invasion

Dog

My pool has started to get mysterious patches of what looks like orangey pink slime.

Should I inform NASA or could I remove it myself?

It's a salt pool and PH and chlorine levels are fine.

Alternatively do I wait to see what it grows into and auction it to research scientists?

Or make a proving of it and sell it to Homeopaths?

Any help accepted....

We had what sounds like a similar problem one week last August. It mystified me until we went in to clean one of the gites at the end of the week. The bathroom and especially the shower was covered with the same "orange/red slime". Given that there had been teenage girls staying there we assumed that there had been some attempt at hair colouring - maybe even henna. It subsequently took several weeks to completely eradicate it from the walls of the pool !

being a cautious old dog I checked the chlorine with liquid and tablest both gave same reading.

As far as I am aware the electrolyser display shows the level we would like not what it is.

Please send some teenage girls as apart from my wifelet we are all red blooded males.

So what is the reading of chlorine?

Do any of you use suntan lotion?

Is there any farm (crops) close by?

Can you email me a pic of the slime in question. It may very well be beyond my particular expertise as the colour combination does not accord with my experience. However, I do know a man who experience with slimes of all different colours, persuasions, origins and religions is second to none. A Slime Guru if you like.

A pronouncement from his almightiness will be privelige not endowed on but the fortunate few.

Happy to help if I can.

Andrew

Archived