Complete France Forum

Do I have to Babysit my Pool

Smithgor1

The recent hot weather and my forthcoming retirement have made us seriously consider putting a small (5m x 2m say)swimming spa pool into an unused barn at our French house.

My main concern is around the water treatment, which may scupper the project before it starts.  We do not intend to be resident at the house full time so there may be periods of several weeks when we are not there to dose the water. Am I kidding myself that that I can keep a small pool hygienic 'in absentia'?

I had hoped to achieve this using a close fitting cover and, utilising some of the less chemically intensive systems, a more or less automatic water monitoring / control system.

Surely most people with pools take a break from the daily / weekly chemical dosing which, to read a lot of the literature, seems mandatory!

Can anyone who has to leave their pool unattended please tell me how they are set up to keep the water safe?

Gordon

Thanks for the plug Fantine.

Yes If I can give you more information on automatic Pool management and control let me know.

Its really the only reliable way to have a pool when you only visit occasionally. It is also the best, most precise management method for water sanitisation even if you are there all the time. It uses intelligent computer technology along with an accurate multi sensor to monitor and manage the precise levels of pH and Chlorine in your pool.

So long as someone occasionally checks that the levels in the drums are sufficient you can leave your pool for 2 months or more with no consequence... Green pools are a thing of the past.

If you need more information then contact me with pM or email

Andrew

Archived