Complete France Forum

Pool fencing-revisited

A question for the pool man or anyone else who can help

I have a pool 12.5 x 5.5. I have had  Aqua sensor and calypso (or something like that)  alarms neither of which worked well.  I would like to instal fencing but do not want the flimsy premade and approved stuff.  I would like a person to look at my pool and tell me what I need to do to make it conform with fencing and the existing walling. I can then ask my ferronier to make the wrought iron fencing, my builder to install it and the person who has advised to certify that it conforms to the law.  Is there such a person who is accredited to undertake and certify such work, maybe a surveyor?  If not how can you be sure that you comply with the law?  

Zillah

Zillah

What you are asking if I understand it is:

"can I make my own decorative steel fence (blacksmith style) and hope that it conforms with the regulations on pool security."

The answer is quick and easy - it will not conform.

To self certify, a fence has to be tested and passed by the Laboratoir Noationale and would cost in the region of 80,000 euro.

The only way you can build a barrier yourself that conforms is a masonry wall more than 1.1 meters high all around with smooth render on the outside and a conforming self closing gate (at a cost of 420 euro).Ther must also be no physical thing within a 1.1 meter arc from the top of that wall. Another alternative is purchase a already certified fence and have it installed according to the manufacuturers specification

If you want specific advise on your pool and the most appropriate security device then send me a PM with email address and pics and I'll be happy to give you an opinion.

Andrew

Archived