Complete France Forum

Indoor pool

Mulsanne

Morning All,

Please could anyone help with advice re. the folllowing.

First post so here goes! We are looking to have a pool built  in 49 which will be sandwiched between two outbuildings. We are looking to put up a building over the pool with the knowledge that this will need dehumidifying etc. I anticipate a steel or timber frame incorporated into the surrounding buildings with a part slated part glazed roof with the possibility of solar heating panels on the south facing roof side. I am thinking of 5x8 m with a 2 m deep end and a 1.3 m shallow end and a gentle slope between the two. I have searched the posts but would like to see what you think on costs for a non liner pool and all the associated filtering. If anyone knows any reccomended people in 49.

I will be looking for one company to part build the pool and then another to do the building and then the pool guys to come back. I have some people in mind for the building but have not had any pool quotes or building quotes yet. Any help would be appreciated especially on filtration and heating. I speak french, have spoken to the Maire and will be putting in for a Permis de Travaux. At this stage I would really appreciate any views on steel vs aluminium vs wood as a building structure, makes and models of dehumidifyers and how big one needs to be for a certain m3 of air. Also specific pool equipment and chemical which would suit a pool subject to initial family use with occasional periods of heavy use. ie holidays. Also solar heating and whether or not it can be boosted by a modern oil boiler which we have spare but is very modern.

Sorry if I waffle! Writing as I think. Any help will be appreciated and in return I will share the inevitable trials and tribulations of this project.

Mulsanne

Mulsanne

Sounds like and exciting project and I can certainly help you.

There are a great many issues to deal with indoors as you intensify the sanitisation problems with a swimming pool indoors. I am sure that you realise that this is no ordinary project and so ordinary solutions do not apply.

If you email me your contact details then I would be happy to give you some ideas and advice.

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...

Check out Bayroklar Duo Tab  - Chlorine and Bromine free sanitiser. Ideal for indoor domestic pools  NOT for commercial pools - at least in UK.

You mention a gentle slope - Transition from shallow to deep.

For diving FROM THE POOL END / SIDE a minimum of 2M of water is required in UK and a minimum area - The cage of safety.

Check out French regulations - Deep end length may need extending  for cage of safety.

2 minimum main drains on common tee mandatory in UK.

Many people are going for a constant depth of 1.2 m and NO DIVING.

Regards

Calvados

Regards

Calvados

Archived