Complete France Forum

POOL SECURITY

ali-cat

Hello All

In the next few weeks we will be taking possession of our new House in Dept 17 which has a 10x5 chlorinated pool installed.  There is a pool alarm (which is staying) and a flexible cover which I assume if for cleanliness rather than security.  Never having had a pool I expect there is a lot of learning to do - but the security issue concerns me.

I read through most of the posts from June last year where there was discussion on the possibility of alarms being removed from the list of compliant security measures plus, as many have stated,  I would not feel comfortable with just an alarm.  We don't have any kids of our own and visits from relatives with kids are likely to be few and far between - but third party liability is an issue.  Could anyone provide an outline of the alternative security measures available (and likely to stay compliant) and some ballpark indication of costs?  Is an enclosing wall compliant?  At present the pool and patio area is walled on two sides and could easily be extended?

Many thanks in advance.

Alicat's other half. 

Alicats other half

Happy to help, if you send me your contact number, I will talk you thought the alternatives and their approximate costs.

FOr my money though a AFNOR approaved floating security cover wins hands down.

In my opinion, alrams of all sort are worse than nothing at all as they

do not work in some cases. This causes a feeling of complaince and

security which promotes complacency and invites tragedy.

Hope that I can help

Andrew

Archived