Complete France Forum

Direct Appeal to Poolguy

Domp80

Ok - apologies everyone. I am of course more than happy to hear other people's experiences and thoughts but I am hoping the Poolguy can help too.

We have been looking after a salt pool for 18 months and have experienced many different problems.  This one is bugging us though .....

The pool hasn't been generating enough chlorine for some time. As a result we have (several times) given the chlorine cellule a thorough clean, after which the chlorine generation seems to pick up for several days but then slows or halts again after that. We have enough salt (have tested) so I am happy to make the assumption that we need a new cellule (well - not that happy because I gather they are expensive!).

Now the problem - - I have rung Bio Pool who are the makers of the electrolyse de sel but they have advised me that I cannot buy direct from them (needs to go through a pool supplier). I have spoken to our local-ish Desjoyaux who are not helpful as whilst the piscine is Dejoyaux, the various elements (pump etc) are various makes. In addition, I am wondering once I get the cellule, how I fit it as there are of course various wires involved.

Pleeeeeeease can you help ? For info we are in the North (80).

Clare.

Hi Clare

Sorry,

I typed a detailed response to you this morning but the computer immediately went on the fritz and it appears that the post never arrived on the forum.... when I can retrieve it I'll post it again. In the mean time if you want to PM me your contact details then I'll call and sort out your problems.

Andrew

• 9 months later...
[quote user="Domp80"]

Ok - apologies everyone. I am of course more

than happy to hear other people's experiences and thoughts but I am

hoping the Poolguy can help too.

We have been looking after a salt pool for 18 months and have

experienced many different problems.  This one is bugging us

though .....

The pool hasn't been generating enough chlorine for some time. As a

result we have (several times) given the chlorine cellule

a thorough clean, after which the chlorine generation seems to

pick up for several days but then slows or halts again after that. We

have enough salt (have tested) so I am happy to make the assumption

that we need a new cellule (well - not that happy because I gather they

are expensive!).

Now the problem - - I have rung Bio Pool who are the makers of the

electrolyse de sel but they have advised me that I cannot buy direct

from them (needs to go through a pool supplier). I have spoken to our

local-ish Desjoyaux who are not helpful as whilst the piscine is

Dejoyaux, the various elements (pump etc) are various makes. In

addition, I am wondering once I get the cellule, how I fit it as there

are of course various wires involved.

Pleeeeeeease can you help ? For info we are in the North (80).

Clare.[/quote]

I thought that this was an old thread, tht had been answered a while ago.

Clare 

do you still need some help.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Clare...

Not PoolGuy I'm afraid but here's a couple of comments which I hope will help.

When we renovated our salt pool a couple of years ago I started to run it as chlorine but am now just about to switch bacl to salt.  The plumbing is ready for it but I still have to buy the cell etc.  I now find that cells are "bipolar" which helps them not get deposits on them and so they should last for loner between big cleans.  So it might be worth seeing if you can introduce one of these though I think the device that controls the cell will also have to be changed.

Re getting someone to do the work, there must be a few pisciniers up in your area.  My experience is that these folk are more helpful than the bigger companies.

I'll be watching this area with interest as I always have issues with our pool when unattended.  Have just found that Mareva's "Revatop" is good for a quick clean up.  Costs 15 euro for 5l in the Var and that handles a 50K litre pool.

Good luck

Hamish

Archived