Complete France Forum

Changing chemical to salt

Le_Jars

Hello, I'm asking this for friends who don't have internet access.

Is it possible to change a swimming pool that currently uses chlorine etc into one that uses salt?

I'm afraid I don't know any details about the pool, I'm just asking if it's even vaguely feasible.

Thanks.

Yes it is possible, but I agree with John, why change? It is possible to automate the dosing of the pool with either sodium hypochlorite (l'eau de Javel) or calcium hypochlorite and the results are better than with salt. The water is more pleasant and there is no need to shower every time you finish swimming. With all these systems it is necessary to keep the pH in the range 7.2 to 7.5 for optimal sterilisation. Regards JB.

[quote user="Le_Jars"]Hello, I'm asking this for friends who don't have internet access.

Is it possible to change a swimming pool that currently uses chlorine etc into one that uses salt?

I'm afraid I don't know any details about the pool, I'm just asking if it's even vaguely feasible.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Yes it is feasible but expensive.

Does your friend know that a salt system is just another way (rather

inefficient) to make chlorine... mostly not enough of it, I might add.

And to Quote or rather back up my two other poster colleagues..... why would you want to do that????

As an automatic controller which doses liquid chlorine and pH minus is

actually cheaper to buy and install, cheaper to operate, simpler to

operate and produces a better result than a salt electroliser, and it

is fully automatic.

Just thought I would mention it.

Andrew

Archived