Complete France Forum

swimming pool---solar heating.

shippy

We have a pool in Normandy and currently use a heat exchanger.I realise our region is not the hottest area of France but our house is situated so that we do get a lot of sun (when it shines). Can anyone give me any tips or advice about converting to solar, in that I mean we would try to use both system,one to back up the other.

We do find that the systym we use at the moment very efficient but it seems a waste not to take advantage of the heat from the atmosphere.

The pool is 10 x 5 and covered with a telescopic "greenhouse" structure.

Well Shippy

You have nearly the best of all situations, I mean that you have 2 out of the 3 best heating systems. Heat pump and abri already in place.

If you want to add the third to make yours the 'best it can possibly be' then check out evacuated tube solar panels. With just one or more panel you can add Kw's of heat into the water so that your pool stays swimmable all year round if you want it. Oh........ yes  and there will also be no running cost to speak off. One of the benefits is that your heat pump will run only as a backup so its cheaper to keep your pool warm.

Its new to the market, if you want to see it GO to the Living France 'Vivre France' at London Olympia starting on Firday 18th till Sun 20th.

If you need further detailed help then PM me.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Archived