Complete France Forum

Ceramic composite s/pool

passepartout

Hi poolguy, just enquiring if you have had any experience in ceramic composite pools, they certainly look the business. A work colleague (in Australia) has one of these pools and uses a filter system called 'ozone ultrapure water system'. I know that the pools can be purchased in the Gers. Do you have any knowledge on either of these items? Thanks

Passepartout

A ceramic pool is a derivation of the Resin Coque sold around France. The difference is that there is a proprietary layer within the construction, which the promoters claim will improve the life of the Structure. Hence they offer a 20-year guarantee, but in reality this is not really different to a Good quality resign shell, which will offer the same sort of life guarantee. The main problem with all resign shells is cracking from ground movement, I am not sure if these are any better than any other shell as I have had no experience with these pools in the ground. It would depend on your geology to determine if that will present a problem or not.

The second problem with resin shells is osmosis, which this company claims will be held at bay for 20 years. Its not that different to a good quality hard gel-coat, resin shell, and I would hope that any pool could last longer than 20 years, the problem with osmosis is that there are really cost effective solutions to it should it arise, apart from changing the shell.

Ozone is a method of sanitising water by saturating it with Ozone gas (O3), which oxidises all organic matter and effectively sterilizes the water. It’s been know for many years and comes in and out of favour every so often. However, there are a great many problems with it, the first of which is the delivery system for the bubbles of ozone. As if the ozone is released into the water as a bubble then it rises from the refoulement to the surface where it will burst and disburse into the atmosphere, which doesn't any work in the pool. Now the 'Ultrapure' system (quite a misnomer) claims to agitate the ozone bubbles into 'nanobubbles' (very small ones- I guess) and that, they will provide a better saturation throughout the pool water. However to make this technology effective it must be distributed at the bottom of the pool throughout the perimeter so that all the water is saturated with Ozone bubbles. Now another problem is that excessive Ozone, rising as gas will corrode all of the surrounding equipment VERY QUICKLY. It is also advised in all the sites where this technology is promoted to use Chlorine as well.........? So I cannot see the point, nor the benefit, nor any real reason to explore this technology for anything bigger than a spa.

It would be better to spend that budget on another Australian exemplar technology and that is ZEOLITE filtration and Direct injection of Chlor/pH. It’s more reliable and cheaper in the end for a better result.

Archived