Complete France Forum

Poolhouses

Not sure whether this post should be here or in the building section.

Anyway, we have a small, almost shed like construction housing the pump, filter controls etc. We want to extend it to accommodate some garden furniture and pool parafinalia.

Before I decide on a design and go to the Marie does anyone know of any general rules e.g. upto xxm3 no permission xxm3 to yym3 permission 'a' etc etc or can anyone point me in the direction of where the rules reside.

The house is rural and not near Chateaux or the like.  

The best bet is to go to your local Marie as they will have all the paperwork to hand you will need.

I am pretty sure you have to have permission for a shed over 2 square metres. So if you are extending to this size then you will need something, but I don't think you will have a problem. 

[quote user="UlsterRugby1999"]Check with the Marie is still the right advcie but as an additional bit of info, we were told by our architect, among others, that you do not require permission for a construction of 20 sq mts or less in your garden. Maybe this differs from Dept to Dept we are in 86.[/quote]

Your architect is correct in terms of "permis de construire", however you do need to complete a déclaration préalable for:

• all new construction where the gross surface is over 2m² and under 20m²
  • all extension of an existing building where the added gross surface is over 2m² and under 20m²
  • all extension of an existing building where the added nett surface is over 10m²
  • all external change of an existing building
  • all change of use if an existing building even if the said change if use does not involve any work.
This requirement was modified on 1st October 2007 and is valid in all departments as it forms part of the French Code de l'Urbanisme.

http://www.urbanisme.equipement.gouv.fr/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=87

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/...Déclaration préalable

Archived