Jump to content
Complete France Forum

What is the tape for?


Recommended Posts

Hi Jazzer,

It's PTFE tape, as Lisleoise says, used for sealing threaded fittings.

It is very slippery to use when your not used to it (as it is teflon non stick on tape)

You should wind 3-5 turns around the male threaded parts  in the direction that it is Not undone as you screw the parts together, so usually rotate the fitting clockwise as if you were assembling the parts so to speak. I find it helps if you try and stretch it a little as you wind, having first trapped the end under the previous turn.

Bon courage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...