Complete France Forum

REPAIRING CRACK IN SAND FILTER PLASTIC TOP????HELP

chirpy

AFTER PUTTING PUMPS ETC BACK ON AFTER WINTER I FOUND A SMALL CRACKNEAR THE PRESSUREGUAGE ON THE PLASTIC TOPOF THE SAND FILTER-A JUPITER 14  GLASSFIBRE MODELMODEL.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO REPAIR WITH EPOXY -IAM NOT SURE WHAT TYPE THE PLASTIC IS-PROBABLY ACYLIC OR ???

OTHERWISE A NEW TOP NEEDED.

THANK.[:(]

Wow Ab you are really going through it.

If the lid is acrylic you need an acrylic cement or solvent to weld the lid together. Where you will find this in France I have no idea but you need to look for Methylene Chloride.

Epoxy will just sit on the surface, have a look for a code on the lid as this may tell you what type of plastic it is.

Thanks for your sugestions.However after thinking about the possibility of the repair failing ,as water under pressure,I was worried I might wake up one morning and find I had drained a lot of water or in the event of being away on a holiday,perhaps returning to an empyt pool!!!

That would give me a lot more problems than finding about 45-50euro for a new lid.

I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I  FAIR.[:)]

Hi Ab, if you have a floor drain, (bonde fond) that could happen. Otherwise the water will drop below the skimmer only, you could suffer a pump  burnout if there is no thermal cut out.

Only you can judge as you haven't said how big the crack is.

Archived