Complete France Forum

AQUASTONE - PEBBLETEC

partout

Good evening folks,

Have recently seen on tv in the UK   Grand Designs, a product for swimming pools called 'Aquastone' from Australia,

and was wondering if it is the same as Pebbletec. Maybe Poolguy if he is around could let me know.

It gives a great looking finish to the inside of the pool, and would like to find the nearest contractor to 47.

We have an old pool, if you can call it a pool because it is pretty horrendous, that we would like to perhaps repair one day. This product does look very interesting and easy to install. Does anyone know the costs involved and how they would compare to a liner?

Teapot, I meant to say all our enquiries.

We are no where near this stage at the moment and possibly never if the current conditions continue, hence why I wouldn't call to enquire because it would be a waste of someones time. But if it is a similar price to a liner sounds like a winner to me![:)]

Might have been [:D] Market forces and all that.

Personally I doubt it would come anywhere near the price of a liner, unless you have a made to measure liner.

There seem to be avantages over the liner in some cases, it is incredibly tough stuff and can take a lot of harsh chemical.  Scrubbing the waterline to remove sun cream by way of example.

Rest assured I will be collecting samples and asking plenty of questions.

If you have any questions let me know what the are and I will be sure to ask.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Teapot

Have you had any luck with Aquastone/tec, you mentioned that you were going to visit a site where they would be working, and wondered if you had any further info about the finish, was it any good ? Would very much like to know thanks

Hi Partout.

Un-fortunately the constructors of the pool were nowhere near ready for the Aquastone guys to apply the finish so I missed the opportunity as I was away when it was eventually done. I have been invited to view another one in a few weeks that is also resonably local to me. I have got some samples and the finish is stunning. It is applied and finished by hand in this case and is 10mm thick. The cost is £98.00 per metre.  I would not advise using it in areas that are known to suffer from ground movement as there is no flexibilty in it at all.

That said, it is a beautiful finish.

Archived