Complete France Forum

Hydrolic pressure

osie

Hi All

I have a question that has been confusing me for years...

A hydrollic robot only works (vibrates and therefore moves around the pool) under certain conditions.  If the pressure is too weak it does not move and if it is too strong it sticks to the liner.

I have found that the filters need to be clean and to remove air from the sand filter for the above to work.

Now..  a pool guy several years ago also turned the bond de fond tap on and off several times which is also very necessary.  So I do the same.

What I would like to know is why I am doing it and what it is doing.  Why specifically the 'bond de fond' and is it a good idea to do it to the others too.

Also, I would have imagined that opening the 'hover' tap more would increase the pressure and therefore make it move more but it seems that somewhere in the middle works best.  So, I would like to know what 'physically' is the threshold is that I am looking for. 

thanks

osie

That's a question for the manufacturers of said cleaning tool, which I am sure you are describing as the flapping one working from vacuum and not pressure.

Opening then closing the bond, who knows without seeing the pool, maybe just a bit more suction to get it to move then open the bond again to just let it move.  Only by using a vacuum gauge can we find out what your setups optimum setting is and I have no doubt that you couldn't find a pool shop in the whole of france that actually have/know what to do with a vacuum gauge.

The purpose of French pool builders is to separate you from as much money as possible in the shortest amount of time, the rest of the issues are your problem.  There are good people around who know what they are actually doing but they are not yet charitable organisations.

I bought a similar sounding robot last season. It would seem that when the correct level of suction is present, a diaphragm flaps open and closed which created the hopping motion.

Anyway, in the box was a flow meter / vacuum gauge which I had to plug into the robots suction point and read the figures, while adjusting the valves to get the pressure in its optimum range. With the vacuum valve right open, the sump drain needs to be closed about a third of the way - I used a marker pen to draw its position on the valve.

I got one of those valves too although for reasons, I now forget, I left it out.

It is more a question of why I am doing what I do which might make it a bit easier.

I think it is because there is air in the pipes which needs to get dislodged...

It sounds an amazing valve with a vacuum/flow meter, well which of those is it? [8-)]

And you can adjust the vacuum until the pressure is just right [8-)] or adjust the pressure until the vacuum is just right [8-)]

What are you gabbling on about, makes absolutely no sense what so ever but I suppose if you two understand each other it doesn't really matter.

Archived