Complete France Forum

How can I reduce water flow?

So the solar panels I fitted last year work well enough, but I believe a little trial and error with reducing the rate the water flows through them may yield improvements.

They are on a dedicated system, with a suction point at one end of the pool, through their own 1.5hp pump, through the panels which are in two parallel arrays and into a return point in the pool. I believe that the water is circulating too fast to be warmed up as much as it could be.

How could I experiment with flow rates? I was thinking about a variable resistor to act as a speed controller for the pump, but have no idea where to buy one or what sort of spec it would need to be.

Anything else that might work better?

Dave think slower flowrate and warmer water will not mean the pool water will be warmer. Let's say

2000 lph temp raised by 1 degree C

1000 lph temp raised by 2 degree C

The result is the same.

If you wanted to reduce the flow through the panel put a T in the flow to the panel and one in the return and connect these with a valve.Opening the valve will reduce the flow through the panel and the amount of opening will decide the flow through the panel

I can't be bothered to help Dave as I have posted on many of your threads before including ponds and you never say thank you or even acknowledge the post as I actually know what I am talking about but you are more of a chancer than Chancer who is a decent bloke.