Complete France Forum

Swimming pool alarm

I have an Aquasensor pool alarm which I have just tried to re-install for the season. The instructions say to connect the battery and if the amber light remains on, which it does, to disconnect it and try again after a minute. I have done this several times and the amber light remains on all the time. Any suggestions of what I can try please?

The dustbin,

of all the alarms we fitted and I include myself in that when the rule came in we had the most issues with that make and customer service well it wasn't.  I know they are now owned outright by Maytronics but as to the service being any different I wouldn't like to guess. 3 years seems to be about the life span of the units and even when I threatened the company with legal action the replacement they sent me was dead on arrival.

We had more success with the triangular shaped one "Aqualarm" allegedly designed by Philips and lasting a fair time longer.  The very worrying thing is the return address for the Aqualarm is the very same as Aquasensor which when after 5 years a keypad failed they wouldn't send a new keypad but wanted the unit returned and an expensive and unnecessary service person "HAD" to plug in the new keypad. 

Bonne chance

I wish you luck and please report back as I am interested to hear if anything has changed.  My conversations went along the same line each time, "send it back",  How much will it be? "Send it back", will you tell me how much it will be before you make any repair.  "We charge to look at it outside of the guarantee".  etc etc.

Sorry that this is going to be off topic but while we are waiting for Frustrated to get back a similar tale to your pool alarm people ......

I have a Sat Nav made by a company that sounds like a drum [;-)]

Well, it is very good but the Customer service, well......

It went wrong, wouldn't hold a charge, no traffic alerts etc

Go on to them, explained and they said

Loop 1

Send it back with the receipt and we'll look at it

I can't, it was a gift and I don't have a receipt

If we don't know if it's under guarantee we can't look at it

Look it's just over a year old anyway

Send it back with the receipt and we'll look at it

Repeat loop 1 many times

Loop 2

If you don't have the receipt we will have to charge you to look at it

Yeah well it can't be much, it's only a dodgy battery, how much can that be?

Our standard fee is £109.....plus parts

What??? I can buy a new one for that !!!!  Is it 'no fix no fee'?

repeat loop 2 a few times

So, Google (other search engines are available) is your friend.  Turns out that my sat nav at the time it was bought was amongst a batch which had bad batteries that would last just over 1 year then Kaput.  More Googling and I found out how to replace the battery (along with which battery to buy and which to avoid)  7 euros later from Ebay and 10 minutes of my time and Hey Presto - all working perfectly.  I've done 2 others since.  Where do they get off charging so much to take a look?

It's problem because so many people are not good at mechanical things so telling them to send it back is a way of not just generating revenue but also ensuring you haven't issued instruction on battery changing to have some (think of any industry you think are pretty hopeless at anything except shuffling paper around a desk) and insert into the discussion. then coming after said company if they balls it up.  Engineering is seen as a dirty word/job and dumbing down is the new black.  I have change 4 TT bateries, one mine and 3 for estate agents and property management (loose term for the paper shufflers mentioned earlier).

In the case of the pool alarm you didn't even need to undo any fine torx screws, the lid comes off when you insert the battery. Just one ribbon cable clip that cannot be reversed so no need to return it.

Archived