Complete France Forum

Water discharge regs?

Jonzjob

[quote user="Jonzjob"]TP, I have Zeolite in my filter and you aren't supposed to use a floculent with it.

I have had a look at the French links on discharging pool water and so far the content of those sites is about as clear as mud to me. Is there a 'simple' version of any of it please?

[/quote]

Very true John, in the flocculent sense you cannot but you can use chitosan or one of the jelly bloc types as these form a weak gel layer on the top of the media which is just gloopy enough to catch micro particles but easily rinsed out again with a backwash.

What is the issue on the discharge?  the simple version is about all I said the other day. Permission could be obtained, probably through monetary means to allow discharge at a moderate rate into the main sewer but check with the Mairie.  Roadside storm drains if the chlorine is zero and no treatments have been added for two weeks. Or water the garden.  Rain water is far lower pH (acidic) contains generally far more dirt, pesticides chemicals from industrial plant and radioactivity, Icelandic volcanic fallout, algae, bacteria, virus and I don't know why I go outside when it's raining [Www]

I don't like any rules that vanish on the payment of money and frequently disregard those rules! Like the Manche tunnel, pay money can take goods, don't pay must not take goods. 5 fires in the tunnel from vehicles that paid!

Archived