Jump to content
Complete France Forum

Form E121


Recommended Posts

We've just received our E121 forms from the DSS here. They tell us to take them to the CPAM. I've looked in the yellow pages and found the main office in Toulouse near us, but can they be dealt with locally, through our local Mairie, for instance? As we're going for a visit next week, but not moving until 9th January, can we do it in advance? Can anyone tell me what the procedure is?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Sue,

You will be able to deal locally. In rural areas a CPAM rep will visit local villages where in your area once a week for perhaps half a day. Your Mairie will be able to give you details.

Although you have your E121 you will also need to provide proof of residence. This normally means "carte de sejour" although just a couple of electricity bills may do the trick. If you do not have a "carte de sejour" then your Mairie will tell you what documents have to be produced for you to obtain it. I would take those to CPAM aswell!! It is important that you lodge an application with full supporting documentation as you will then have CPAM cover from that date. It may be some time before you actually receive your social security number and even longer before you receive your "carte vitale" but should you need hospital treatment, for example, CPAM will confirm with the hospital/clinic that the cover is there.

Peter Owen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...