Complete France Forum

MMR vaccinations

Hart

Can anyone tell me if it is possible for UK citizens to get their children vaccinated in France against measles, mumps and rubella by single injections rather than as the triple MMR used in the UK? If so do you know where?

I know in France it is called ROR (rougeole, oreillons and rubeole) and normally given as a single injection at about 12 months.

If this question has been asked before I'm sorry but can not detect it by searching.

My kids had the multi jabs. I have never heard of the 'single' jabs here, in fact as these jabs are obligitory one is expected to just go and get them done, fussing about them is unusual.

There have been threads about this though....try the other health part of the board they could be on there.

• 2 weeks later...
As far as I know, it is not possible to have seperate injections. They also use the English vaccine here as they have decided that it is a better vaccine than the old French one. I had a very long chat with my GP (French) about it and he told me that there are no problems in France with this vaccination, as far as he knew. If you want the injections seperately, you will have to do it in the UK. My sister in law is just going through this in Essex.

Christiane

Archived