Complete France Forum

eye tests and glasses

Boris1234

You should go to an ophamologist to get your eyes tested. We have to wait for months to see ours. Many charge over and above the Secu level of reimbursement, which our mutualist doesn't reimburse. Can't remember how much they charge I'll say from 20 to 30's.

And frankly I find glasses expensive here. The state gives little back and only decent mutualist cover starts to cover the costs. I'm saying this, do you have a carte vitale?

As Teamedup says you should go to an opthamologist, but be warned there could be a long waiting time. We have just (a couple of weeks ago) made appointments for our 2 yearly check up and have been given appointments at the end of September (this is in Deux Sevres).

Two years ago the eye tests cost us 22.87 each. Glasses were quite expensive, but they were in the UK too. My lenses cost 530. These are varifocals/reactalite (or whatever its called now!) Plus the cost of the frames which, of course, is up to you how much you spend. Reimbursements from CPAM were 16.01 for the eye test and only 15.33 for the glasses themselves. What you receive from the Mutuelle for the glasses will depend on the level of cover you have.

Jackie

Archived